This is one nail- biting dilemma.
I was so happy to see the message from my dear fellow blogger Meera Sundararajan
who has graciously awarded me The Versatile Blogger Award
, along with two more lovely bloggers. I really don't know how my lunatic style and haphazard babbles impressed her so much, i am really humbled...Thanks a lot dear Meera! Now as the chain of awards must move on, i have to write 7 honest things about me, mine and myself...ahem...ahem...Truth about me is always unnerving, especially when it is in public forums. So, here I go about me-
1. My mother thought- Oh no...and the Doctor said- " Shut up!" when i was born, till this moment i keep my babbles on. My mother suffered 24 years of my blabbering and finally gave up when she left for her Heavenly abode, handing over the baton to my dearest Hubby. I am such a talkative, all my friends seldom get the chance to air their views when with me...which they find it convenient enough, so that they can remain engrossed in their own thoughts. The first thing i love about me is TALKING.
2. I can never mask my feelings. It is absurd to cloak everything behind a pleasing smile. I am explosive emotionally- i cry at every masala movie's climax and laugh at any cartoon- especially my friends Tom and Jerry! My dear friends know that and always give me some space when i am upset. Anger brings out the worst in me- i can sure pluck your eyes out when i am in anger. Over years, i have tried to master the art of silence when in anger but in vain.The only person who can understand and bear with my emotional topsy-turvy is again my poor Hubby dear.
3. Social issues have always intrigued me, i try to reason out and think rationally on any issue. I hate women who are utterly selfish enough to watch serials, cook sambar and sleep at nightfall. As women, we have the power to think, to express, to change the way the world is today. It is horrible to be sitting at home and tasting chicken biriyani when Anna Hazare is fasting! As responsible citizens WE the people have some responsibilities and duties towards our country. It is irritating when people talk for hours about cricket and don't even know what is RTI...
4. I am very bad when it comes to judging people. I fall for the wrong people at the wrong time and end up being miserable. I trust anyone easily and it is only after a few tears and fasting episodes i learn my lesson. Well, till i trust the next person which happens in the next few seconds! I have lost a lot of friends because i trusted too much and by now, i have learnt to mistrust everyone.
5. I am more of a family person, my children, my husband and my family comes first in any situation. If i were career-oriented like most of my peers and friends, i wouldn't be here blogging, but cutting away some one on a surgery table- or rather, i would be scratching my head and some books in some office as an auditor! I believe raising responsible children is far more important than cleansing the society off its ills.
6. Though i am not a culinary expert, i love to tickle my taste buds a lot. I love to try out new dishes at home or at restaurants. As one of my friend pointed out- I live to eat, not eat to live;) I love my coffee with three spoons sugar, i like to end every biriyani with a coke and i finish any meal with a dessert. No one knows when life will be snuffed out, so taste any delicacy, indulge yourself and simply put- live life tastefully!
7. I love these lines of Robert Frost-
" The woods are lovely dark and deep,
But i have promises to keep
And miles to go before i sleep,
And miles to go before i sleep."
These were the words written by Mother on my bedroom walls before she died and i take it as her last message for me. I wish my writings ignite a tiny spark in a hundred hearts and bring about a hundred smiles.
Now is the toughest task of nominating three Versatile Bloggers.
My first choice of Versatile Blogger would be my first blogger friend Susie Johnson
. Stuck in the Sandbox and scratching my brains as to what to do next, i came across her blog googling and i fell in love with susiesbigadventure. Her voice is bold, clear and righteous from the dark land. I hope her voice reaches many more people just as it had reached me. She writes elaborately about life in Saudi Arabia, which is totally behind the iron curtains. I took to blogging only because of her and i am happy to name her as THE VERSATILE BLOGGER.
My serious, sedate and at times dull style of writing underwent a sea-change when i started reading blogs from India, especially my heart-throb blogger Purba Ray's A-musing
. Purba has a distint humor current underlying in every word of her posts and i am a HUGE fan of hers. Her persistence and deft handling of even serious subjects humorously must earn her more name and fame. I wish she writes a book soon- Purba, dying to buy the first copy!
Another of my fellow blogger Sadiya Merchant's Yeh Life hai...take it lightly
is another lovely blog. Sadiya is certainly a great Versatile blogger, she handles topics humorously and touchingly as well. Her letter from a child is one of my favorite reads. I wish her good luck in writing more such lovely posts.
All said, thanks for your rounds of applause friends, do visit these blogs and relish great posts by all these Versatile Bloggers. And thanks again dear Meera, for the recognition and faith in me! Good luck to you too!